"I asked God for water, he gave me an ocean.
I asked God for a flower, he gave me a garden.
I asked God for a tree, he gave me a forest.
I asked God for a friend, he gave me YOU."
I learnt the priceless value of friendship when i met you....U came like a soothing gentle wind, that swept away all the turbulent thoughts of my life.....
My best friend was always me....I was a cynical, cryptic creature, who completely adhered to the pessimistic belief that" Every Man is an island, though no one can live alone on one.....".
But somewhere, Time teaches you......everything....It trains you to become tough, so that u can battle out all the lows of life that follow you like a ghost wherever you go, even if it is to the remotest corner of this earth.
Just like houses are made of bricks and homes are made of hearts, u taught me that life is made beautiful by the people around you....That money, career, privileges, splurges, eveything matters, but nothing is more cherishable than friendship, and dear friends.....
"Why me, why only me"?....Oh man, will I care when I m already groggy, overloaded with a pile of sorrows, dropping all over my fragile self?? But you shooted surprises at me when I opened my can of worms to you.....And i have to admit" You are indeed a great friend and an amazingly understanding human".
"A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears."
You offered me your shoulders, when my head canted with the gruelling burden of my unhealed hurts. You cried with me, when my eyes shed rivers of unceasing tears....You offered me your ears when my heart was throbbing with pain, gasping aloud only to be heard by someone.... And most importantly u convinced me that there is someone who loves me to the extent that mankind has never seen and believed.
Your hallmark "smile" proved that there is no joy greater than making people beam, your cheerful nature and exuberant personality, inspired me with a longing to live, to enjoy all the resplendence that eyes sometimes overlook... You rejoiced with me when i was happy, as if it were your own........
Inner Beauty supercedes everything...Sometimes it is like a gem hidden among the coals...Eyes may not see it, but the heart cannot miss it. Your brightness shines like a star in the night sky and your awe-inspiring sense of humour transcends the sadness of people around you.
Ultimately, a friend is the one who accepts you the way u are., with whom u can be yourself....true and geniune... I know i can always count on you, and i know that distance can never keep us apart............
My joyous lips will always smile when i think of you and my caring heart will always pray for you, because i have found a really wonderful friend in you..
Words desert me when i think of writing about you and the dictionary becomes ineffective even with its comprehensive vocabulary......
All i can now sense is what Winnie the Pooh once felt........
"If You live to be a hundred, i want to live hundred minus one, so I never have to live without you"
(This article is for my dearest friend David Antony, who has taught me to smile, even in the most odd circumstances, Thank you da.....For always being there......)
1 comment:
i dont have words to express what i want to.. i really dont...
but with all that u hav written and expressed, i can only say "i am honored.... and immmensely at that..." :-).. and thr are some things that cannot be expressed in words... and they stay the BEST the way they are - a feeling of serendipity.... of having found the best!!! [:)] ... a friend i can cherish for life.... [and after that? - well am not sure abt tht concept, though, yet.... but if it is.. then, YES! ]....
but Priya, as i said before... i just cant find words... dunno why.. maybe its a overwhelming feeling...
Post a Comment